Blog

Home / Blog / PleaseGiveHelp for Musicians: The Essential Guide to Launching Your Crowdfunding Campaign
PleaseGiveHelp for Musicians: The Essential Guide to Launching Your Crowdfunding Campaign
22 Mar 2022 Featured 0 Comments 269

PleaseGiveHelp for Musicians: The Essential Guide to Launching Your Crowdfunding Campaign

The music industry is changing. Streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music have made it harder for artists to make a living. The top 1% of musicians are making more than the other 99% combined. To make matters worse, we are in the middle of an indie artist crisis; the number of albums released by independent artists has decreased drastically over time.

The way we consume music is also changing. We are used to getting our music for free, and paying for a CD or a digital download doesn’t seem worth it anymore. This makes fundraising even more difficult - how are you supposed to get money when people aren't paying? Here is how you can fundraise your way through the indie artist crisis using crowdfunding strategies that will help you get on your feet.

The changing music industry

Streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music cause the top 1% of musicians to make more than the other 99% combined. This is because streaming services like Spotify offer listeners a personalized music experience with curated playlists, which are often personalized to their interests. Similar to how video-streaming service Netflix has changed the way we consume movies, these streaming services have changed the way we consume music.

In this new music industry, it is becoming increasingly difficult for indie artists and bands to get by. The number of albums released by independent artists has decreased drastically over time, and people are used to getting their music for free instead of paying for a CD or digital download. This makes fundraising even more difficult - how can you fundraise your way through this indie artist crisis?

Crowdfunding

Crowdfunding is an excellent way to raise money for your career. Successful musicians have been turning to crowdfunding to fund their music, tours, and albums. What is great about crowdfunding is that it is an opportunity for fans and potential fans alike to get involved in the process. You can share your story with people who want to help you out and make a difference in your career.

The best approach to crowdfunding

The best approach to crowdfunding is to use your PleaseGiveHelp Campaign Link on multiple platforms at once. You can't rely on just one source of traffic to your campaign, especially when there is an indie artist crisis going on. When you post on multiple platforms, you will have the opportunity to reach a wider audience and it will be easier to find the right people who want to support you.

For example, if you post a video trailer for your new album on YouTube, you can include a link in the description that directs viewers over to your PleaseGiveHelp campaign page where they can donate some money as a "thank you". You might even get some people who see your YouTube video but won't make it over to PleaseGiveHelp - so be sure to include links in as many places as possible!

Creating a great campaign

A crowdfunding campaign is all about asking people to give you money, and that means you need a great story. One of the most important things when it comes to a successful campaign is having an emotional appeal. For example, if you are an artist who has just lost their home in a fire or had a death in the family, your campaign will do much better than somebody who does not have an appealing reason for why they need help. It is also important to offer some rewards as this can incentivize people to donate more. Rewards can range from exclusive access to new music, signed merchandise, lunch or dinner with you and more. If you really want your campaign to be successful, there are lots of ways you can personalize it!

Conclusion

Crowdfunding is an excellent way for musicians to get their music out there and get paid for it. It is a great way to make connections with fans, create a fan base and share your music with the world. To be successful with crowdfunding, it is vital to create a compelling campaign and to communicate with your fans. And don't forget, once you've gotten funded, you still need to follow through with all the details of your project. The best way to Get Started with crowdfunding is to have a clear idea of what you want, who your audience is and what you need.

Happy Crowdfunding!


You must be logged in to provide your experience/feedback on the blog/opportunity

Back To Top